Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Day 30 Red Meat

How do we all feel about red meat these days? Some people oppose it because of its cholesterol and fat content. Others oppose eating it for animal ethical reasons. One vegetarian wrote in his blog " mankind will never have world peace while men are declaring war on other life forms". I am not sure about all that. I just know sometimes I really want some meat, red meat in particular. I eat red meat maybe once a week. A lean cut of red meat can provide amino acids for muscle building, zinc, iron, and vitamin B. Of course, it is also a great source of protein. Today was one of those days-I just wanted some meat! Working backwards: dinner beef and broccoli stir fry(400-500) coffee(120) Lunch whole wheat english muffin, tomato, poached egg, bacon crumbles(350) 1/2 cup of oatmeal with blueberries(180) breakfast two scrambled eggs with cheese (350).

No comments:

Post a Comment