Wednesday, February 1, 2012

DAY 24 - Seeds are the new nut!

I happened upon a new, delicious snack today while I was shopping at Whole Foods...it's yummy, full of protein, and has half the fat of almonds. It's called Somersaults Pacific Sea Salt crunchy nuggets, made with sunflower seeds and toasted grains. One serving (14 small crackers) has 150 calories, 3g of fiber, 6g of protein, and 8g of fat. Pick some up next time you are shopping at WF and try it out...lots of flavors to choose from! Ok, on to my day of food...

430am - Think Thin crunch bar (190 cal), few sips of diet coke

715am - Carrot and Celery slices (about 3-4 slices of each) - not sure of the calories but I think you actually burn more calories eating celery than you consume!

1045am - Coffee (no, not Starbucks - 50 cal) and Babybel cheese lite (50 cal)

Lunch (1245) was a piece of spinach, mushroom and cheese pizza from Whole Foods (yes, that is why I was there) and a small spinach salad with walnuts, cranberries, pears, and a little bit of blue cheese crumbled on top. I drizzled about a tablespoon of poppyseed dressing on it as well. The pizza was around 400 cal (according to the WF gal). I didn't eat the pizza 'bone' but I did eat every bit of the cheese...was craving it and decided to go ahead and have it for lunch. I am guessing the salad couldn't have been more that 150 calories (4 cups of raw spinach has a whopping 20 calories in it!). Interesting thing about the salad...I picked it up for dinner last night, ate about 1/3 of it, Leigh and I BOTH had some with the pizza for lunch, and then I finished it off tonight for dinner. THAT'S JUST CRAZY. There were 4 meals in that salad and that is right in line with the conversations we have been having about restaurants and how they over serve us! Needed some caffeine so had diet coke with lunch (but drank water all day long).

So dinner was the last of the salad (added some grilled chicken to it so was probably closer to 300 cal now), and about 1/2 cup of leftover veggie soup.

OH and my mid-afternoon snack was the Somersaults sunflower seed crackers (150 cal may give up almonds for them-they are that good) and a grande skinny vanilla latte (130 cal). Only down side to the crackers...a 6 oz bag is 5 bucks!!! May have to give up my daily Starbucks or go up on bootcamp rates! :)

***On a side note, Leigh and I hope that our 6 weeks of blogging is helpful to you! We mainly want to emphasize the importance of being aware of what and how much you eat so you can do it as healthily as possible!!! I talked to one of our campers who has had issues with calorie counting and food disorders in the past and realized that what we are doing is not healthy for everyone. It's important to make good choices and think about everything you eat as being fuel for your body...but don't get bogged down in the numbers and become a slave to them (we all deviate from the plan from time to time...80/20...enjoy the 20)!



No comments:

Post a Comment