Wednesday, January 18, 2012

DAY TEN - DONE!

Bootcamp with the teachers was great...we were outside on the field in the sunshine (which by the way is coming back on Friday-YAY). Here's the only thing, I didn't have my mat so I made the mistake of doing the deadbug move on the field and the soil was still wet. Brrrrr cold again, wet shirt and you guessed it-more coffee! I think this may be a record for me (3 in one day). Added another 120 calories but did the job of warming me up. Dinner was a Boca burger (tomato basil parmesan)...90 calories and 13g of protein! Awesome because if keeps you full. Also had a generous helping of asparagus(40 cal). Nibbled on a few grapes while I was cooking chicken and pasta for my family (no, I don't always eat what they eat) so total cals for dinner 150. Day over-whew- and still drinking water! Check out these two recipes from Emily F in the 525 BWF class. She served it to her bunco group and it was delicious. Let me know if one of you punches it into your app and figures the calories. I am estimating that the soup recipe, as is, provides 6-8 servings. Emily, correct me if I am wrong!

Broccoli slaw
This recipe is from Leigh Karagas and may be on the Every Girl Fitness Facebook page.
1 pkg broccoli slaw
Kraft Light Toasted Sesame Dressing
Sunflower seeds
Mix all ingredients in salad bowl and serve. Can add chicken to make it more of a meal than a side dish.
Chicken Chili
This recipe, with a few changes, is from Something to Savor, Mountain Brook Baptist Church's new cookbook (see Aimee or Elizabeth if you're interested in the cookbook).
3-4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (original recipe calls for 2 lg cans shredded chicken)
2 cans chicken broth (I use lower sodium version)
2 cans white beans (white navy beans or I found a can of just "white beans")
1 can hominy
2 small cans diced chilis (go with 1.5 cans if you don't like it spicy)
1 envelope McCormick White Chicken Chili seasoning mix
Mix all ingredients together in a large pot and cover. Bring to low boil, reduce heat, and cook for at least 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
We like our soups and chilis to sit a while, so I keep mine on low for at least an hour, stirring every few minutes. I even make it the night before I want to serve it, bring it to a low boil then turn it off and let it cool before refrigerating to re-heat the next day.
This recipe doubles easily. I increased everything 2.5 times for last night and had plenty left over. I only increased the diced chilis about 2 times, so what I served was slightly less spicy than the recipe above.

No comments:

Post a Comment